Academy of Management (AOM) is the preeminent professional association for management and organization scholars. Our worldwide members are professors and Ph.D. students in business schools at universities, academics in related social science and other fields, and practitioners who value knowledge creation and application. Founded in 1936, our global community today is nearly 20,000 strong and spans over 120 countries.
To build a vibrant and supportive community of scholars by markedly expanding opportunities to connect and explore ideas.
We inspire and enable a better world through our scholarship and teaching about management and organizations.
- We value high quality research, teaching, and practice in the field of management and organization
- We cultivate and advocate ethical behavior in all aspects of our work
- We provide a dynamic and supportive community for all of our members, embracing the full diversity of our backgrounds and experiences
- We respect each of our members' voices and seek to amplify their ideas
- We build cooperative relationships with other institutions committed to the advancement of scholarship and teaching about management and organization
By 2022, AOM will be the premier global community for management and organization scholars and for advancing the impact of management and organization science on business and society worldwide.
- AOM will connect members of the global management and organization community with one another and with external audiences through an unparalleled portfolio of engagement opportunities that transcend technological and geographic boundaries.
- AOM will provide a diverse membership indispensable value characterized by extensive professional services, vibrant volunteerism, interactive communities, and re-imagined governance.
For the Field of Management and Organizational Science
AOM will fundamentally advance knowledge creation and content dissemination for greater relevance and impact on a diverse set of stakeholders and institutions around the world.
AOM will aggressively and effectively champion the external standing of organization and management scientists as a globally-led, inclusively governed association.