Goal 3: Advancing Knowledge
DRIVING GOAL 1 / DRIVING GOAL 2 / DRIVING GOAL 3 / DRIVING GOAL 4
What does that mean for the broader community of scholars?
The Academy publishes top-rated journals with authoritative and diverse management research findings. In 2018, a significant effort was made to engage external audiences — the global business community, global consumers of management-related news, global media and cultural influencers, and the global public policy community — by introducing AOM Insights.
The Academy publishes the following journals:
Academy of Management Annals
Academy of Management Discoveries (AMD)
Academy of Management Journal (AMJ)
Academy of Management Learning and Education (AMLE)
Academy of Management Perspectives (AMP)
Academy of Management Proceedings
Academy of Management Review (AMR)
At the Academy, our devoted volunteers — editors, associate editors, reviewers and editorial review board members — collaborate to advance knowledge creation and content dissemination for greater global relevancy and impact.
Introduced in 2018, the Academy now offers concise business summaries and collections through AOM Insights — evidence-based research transformed into easy-to-read and get-to-the-point online articles. Actionable tips and practical knowledge to improve the workplace are now available for managers and business leaders, derived from the research published in AOM’s premier journals. In addition to these bite-sized summaries, AOM Insights offers video and infographics to help leaders share information to influence the practices within their organizations.
Top 10 Most-Read Insights Summaries in 2018
- How to Beat a Little-known Bias that Plagues Problem-Solvers (from AMLE)
- The Real Reasons Why Some Bosses Treat Employees Unfairly (from AMJ)
- Facing an Ethical Dilemma? Try This Approach (from AMJ)
- Pros and Cons of Listening to Music at Work (from AMR)
- Six Things to Expect from Narcissistic CEOs (from AMR)
- Women Who Cry at Work Need to Know These Five Things (from AMD)
- How to Score Big When Pitching an Idea to the Boss (from AMJ)
- Holiday Consumerism Is at the Heart of Dickens’ A Christmas Carol, Management Expert Says (from AMR)
- Loving the Job May Reduce Workaholics’ Physical Health Risks (from AMD)
- Understanding Employees’ Needs (from AMLE)