TLC@AOM Call for Volunteers
The AOM Teaching and Learning Conference Committee is seeking volunteers for the next Teaching and Learning Conference (TLC), an AOM-wide “conference within a conference” committed to advancing the practice of teaching. Launched in 2013 with the support of the Academy of Management Board of Governors as a sponsored strategic project, this conference has proven to be a great success with increasing levels of interest as the years have progressed.
The TLC Committee is seeking additional volunteers with a passion for teaching and the ability to invest time throughout the year to assist with the tasks required to make this conference a continuing success. Volunteers will serve a one-year term as At-Large members, with the potential to become Communication Co-Chair in the future. All volunteers should be able to commit a total of 80 to 100 hours throughout the year.
The TLC Committee is interested in applicants who meet the following selection criteria:
- An earned doctorate in one of the following disciplines (management, strategy, operations, human resource management, organizational behavior, leadership, entrepreneurship) from a regionally accredited doctoral program or an internationally renowned university
- A minimum of 5 years of teaching in a university classroom
- Previous experience as an editorial review board member for a scholarly or teaching journal, or a minimum of three years experience as a reviewer for a journal, a scholarly conference, or the Teaching and Learning Conference
- A commitment to attend the annual AOM conference and all relevant TLC meetings that take place at the AOM conference (pre-conference meetings and post-conference meetings)
- A commitment to participate in conference calls throughout the year to discuss TLC conference details and to be accessible electronically without large gaps in time
- A willingness to serve as a reviewer for the TLC, contribute to article submissions for the AcadeMY Newsletter, and provide feedback in a timely manner on conference-related issues
- A commitment to work with the TLC Committee throughout the day of the Teaching and Learning Conference on activities such as assisting at the registration table, monitoring sessions to ensure presenters keep to their designated time frame, assisting speakers with room issues, etc.
- Attendance at one or more of the previous Teaching and Learning Conferences
- A commitment to working within the TLC Committee in a collegial, collaborative, timely, and participative manner
Appointment to the committee is made by the AOM TLC Committee Leadership Team in consultation with the Academy of Management Board of Governors.