Teaching and Learning Conference Call for Submissions
The deadline for submissions was 14 January 2020 (T 17:00 EST UTC - 5). For future reference, see submission information about the TLC@AOM Conference below. More information is available on the Teaching and Learning Conference.
TLC Registration & Attendance
TLC Call for Submissions Booklet
Themes for the 2020 TLC@AOM Conference
TLC@AOM Proposals should identify one or more of the following themes:
- Introduction of new teaching formats or learning innovations
- Teaching and learning assessment and associated challenges
- Inclusive education and students’ well-being
- Connecting teaching and learning practices to real-life, employer needs and global workplace trends
- Management of teaching and learning practices
- Curricular design or redesign
- Critical approaches to (new and old) teaching and learning practices
- Other themes that address teaching and learning practices to include proposals that support the 2020 AOM Conference theme of "20/20: Broadening our Sight" are welcome
Criteria for Acceptance
Every session must include evidence of active audience interaction and engagement, as well as some combination of presentation, discussion, participant reflection and application, simulation, or other form of interactivity. Each submission should also clearly articulate the goals of the presentation to include what and how the material will be presented, as well as the takeaways that an attendee should expect to receive by participating in the session.
TLC Submission Guidelines:
Please follow the guidelines and formatting instructions below to draft your proposal. Proposals must not exceed 5 pages in length. Proposals that appear to market a product or service will not be accepted. Please note that proposals will not be reviewed if these guidelines and instructions are not met.
Cover Page includes:
- The title of presentation (in Title Case)
- The Academy-assigned 5-digit submission number
- Statement to indicate that all presenters on the proposal agree to register and attend the 2020 TLC@AOM Conference should the submission be accepted. Please note that TLC conference registration is $130 and is in addition to the AOM Annual Meeting registration fee.
- Identification of the theme(s) for the proposal (see list of "Themes for the 2020 TLC Conference" listed above).
Main body includes the following headings:
- Topic: Describe the topic of your presentation. What you are planning to do? How does the topic fulfill the theme(s) identified on the Cover Page?
- Interest: Why would this topic be of interest to conference attendees?
- Method: Describe your presentation methods - lecture, visual aids, video, etc.
- Audience Involvement: Describe how you will involve the audience.
- Takeaways: Be explicit about what the audience will be able to take away from your presentation. In other words, how can attendees apply the information to improve their teaching?
- Time Management: Indicate the presentation time requested: 60 minutes or 90 minutes. Also provide a breakdown of how the time will be utilized with minutes for each segment of the presentation and explain how each presenter will be involved in the presentation of the materials. To facilitate the blind review process, remove all author-identifying information, including acknowledgements. Note: You will still include all authors associated with your submission during the submission process, but not in your uploaded proposal (given the length of the sessions, the number of presenters included should be limited to a maximum of six). The author information provided will appear in the printed and online program.